Yet again, this is another homemade cake on the list, this is prepared using banana as a primary ingredient for the cake. This recipe shows how to bake a banana cake from home. We will use 3 riped Indonesian Bananas, crushed walnuts and raisins as toppings. The batter will be split into 2, one of which will include the toppings.
Cake pan (Any shape), I used 2 rectangle pans
Plain flour 200g
Organic raw sugar 200g
Baking powder ½ teaspoon
4 eggs (no need to separate)
3 riped Bananas (small)
Toppings: Crushed walnuts, Raisins
The bananas I used:
The video below shows the process of preparing the batter:
1) Preheat the oven to 80 degrees Celsius and add baking paper into the cake pan and grease it to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
2) Soften the plain flour by using the sifter into a large bowl. Add ½ teaspoon baking powder into it. Mix the flour and powder.
3) Mix the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time into the mixture. Mix until it becomes creamy.
4) Add the flour into the mixture in portions. Make sure to mix it evenly.
5) When finished mixing, you will get a batter that looks like this:
6) Sliced up the bananas and mash it in a bowl. Then mix the bananas into the batter. If you want you can now add additional toppings such as walnuts or raisins. In my case I transfer half of the batter into the cake pan for plain banana cake, while the other half I mixed some raisins and walnuts into it as shown below.
7) Your batter is ready for baking. Place it in the oven and bake for about 80 mins. To check if it is ready, use a chopstick and poke it into the center of the cake. It is ready if there is no wet batter sticking onto the chopstick. Remove the cakes from the oven and place the pan upside down onto a oven grill and let it cool.
A simple homemade banana cake good for your desserts!